Coach Sendish was a 3-star defensive back coming out of the junior college ranks. He graduated from KU with bachelor's degrees in both sociology and communications studies. He was a two-year letter winner for the Jayhawks on the gridiron, starting all 24 games he played during his KU career. He served as a team captain in 2014 on his way to earning All-Big 12 honors and a spot on the Academic All-Big 12 team. Sendish concluded his Jayhawk career with 137 tackles, 3.0 tackles-for-loss, 5 pass breakups, 1 sack and a fumble recovery he returned 30 yards for a touchdown. During his time with the Jayhawks he was coached by Dave Campo, former Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys, who tutored NFL greats such as Deion Sanders, Darren Woodson, Larry Brown, Kevin Smith and Brock Marion. After college Cassius would go on to spend time with both the Cleveland Browns (NFL) and Calgary Stampeders (CFL).
After his playing career he returned to the University of Kansas where he became the safeties coach. In 2018, under his tutelage, the Jayhawks would have three safeties earn All-Big 12 honors (Mike Lee, Bryce Torneden, and Hasan Defense). He has privately coached NFL players Isaiah Simmons (Cardinals), De'Vante Bausby (Broncos), Deiondre Hall (Buccaneers), and Elijah Lee (Lions).
Cassius is Certified EXOS Speed & Performance Specialist. Through his proprietary ‘The Lockdown Method’ program, Coach Sendish is available for hire as a private Football Skills Coach, specializing in Defensive Backs, this service can include:
- High quality instruction, including tips and techniques used at the NFL and Division 1 level.
- Breakdown of player's strengths and weaknesses are from both in-person evaluation and film.
- Offer chalk talk to teach the nuances of the position, including angles and tackling.
- Individual football drills, conditioning, and sand pit work.
- Man and Zone coverage principles.
- Work on flexibility and mobility.
- Recruiting advice.