See more photos/videos, read training tips, updates and more by following us on social media at the following links:
Located at 13932 West 108th St in Lenexa, KS and under the direction of former Kansas City Royals Strength & Conditioning Coach Joseph Potts, TopSpeed Strength & Conditioning is the top sports performance training program in Kansas City, having helped athletes from every major sport reach the professional level. Thanks to an agreement with OhYeah! Nutrition, the TopSpeed facility operates in the same manner as a Professional Sports Team, athletes are provided free shakes and bars to help meet their nutritional needs. The methods used at TopSpeed provide a level of performance training once available only to professional and division-one collegiate athletes. Services include speed & agility training, strength & power development, NFL Combine/Pro Day preparation and much more...
Take a sneak peak at the results of the TopSpeed training methods by checking out the NFL Combine performance of TopSpeed program alumni Christian Ballard who was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the 2011 NFL Draft.
In this video you can view some of the methods used at TopSpeed as Coach Potts trains members of the 2010 Kansas Jayhawks Football Team senior class for their NFL Pro Day.
$100 off for 10 training sessions; From Small Business Saturday through Cyber Monday you can purchase a punch card good for 10 one-hour training sessions at a significant discount. Take advantage of this holiday special while it lasts.
Former Kansas City Chiefs and Detroit Lions defense back Reshard Langford has joined the TopSpeed team, Reshard will be available for individual skill-work with football players interested in improving their on-field abilities.
Email Coach Potts for more details.
TopSpeed has reached an agreement with OhYeah! Nutrition to provide protein
shakes and bars to our athletes free of charge. This allows the TopSpeed
facility to operate in the same manner as the weight rooms seen with professional sports team and Division I athletics.
Kansas City Royals reliever Greg Holland and catcher Salvador Perez who worked closely with Coach Potts during their careers were named to the 2013 MLB All-Star Team.
- 7/21/2013 - This past week has seen some great achievement by the TopSpeed high school athlete group, some of these include;
- Rockhurst High School and Villanova University signee Todd Czinege was named to the Kansas City Star's 2013 All-Metro Team.
- Shawnee Mission West offensive lineman Austin Chambers, who was recently rated the 37th best OL recruit in the nation by Rivals.com, has verbally committed to play football for Brigham Young University (BYU).
- St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Ryan McNellis was named MVP of the
Mizzou Tiger Football Full-Pads Contact Camp, he has also received a personal invitation from the coaching staff to attend the USC Football Camp in Southern California.
- Offensive lineman Clay Rhodes, who reported for training camp with the Missouri Tigers with the best body-fat percentage amongst incoming freshman OL and was also the only one able to complete the mandatory conditioning test runs in under the required amount of time. This level of physical preparation has Clay in the running to play immediately as a true freshman in the SEC.
- Blue Valley High School athletes Andrew Reinkemeyer, Ryan McNerlin and St. Thomas Aquinas OL/DL Dan Morin will play for the Kansas side in the upcoming Greater Kansas City Football Coaches Association Kansas vs Missouri High School Football All-Star game while Jordan Johnson, of Olathe Northwest, will play in the upcoming Kansas Shrine Bowl. Blue Valley's Clay Rhodes was invited to play but had to decline due to football training camp report dates for the University of Missouri.
- To date, 100% of TopSpeed high school athletes have earned a scholarship to continue their careers at the college level.
Kristina Santiago who trained with TopSpeed prior to heading overseas to begin her professional basketball career, has led her team to the Eurocup Championship and was also named league MVP in her rookie season after averaging 21.7 points per game, 8.8 rebounds per game, 1.9 steals per game, 1.7 assists per game and 1.2 blocked shots per game.
You can read the article here:
Baker University RB/FB Jesse Schultz who trained with TopSpeed for several weeks prior to the 2013 NFL Regional Combine in Chicago, IL performed VERY well in drills at the event. His 37"-inch score in the Vertical Jump was the 2nd highest jump among the running backs group while his Broad Jump score and 20 Yard Shuttle time would place him among the Top 10 from the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine ahead of names such as Kenjon Barner (Carolina Panthers), Knile Davis (KC Chiefs) and Michael Ford (Chicago Bears).
February 6th 2013 - National Signing Day saw nearly a dozen upperclassmen athletes who've worked with TopSpeed sign college athletic scholarships, these athletes include;
Clay Rhodes - University of Missouri (football)
Ryan McNerlin - Pittsburg State University (football)
Tyler Randall - Baker University (track & field)
Brad Bullock - Neosho CC (baseball)
Jacob Franey - Benedictine College (baseball)
Andrew Reinkemeyer - Butler CC (football)
Dan Morin - Cornell University (football)
Todd Czinege - Villanova University (baseball)
Evan McDonald - Barton CC (baseball)
Luke Elam - Fort Scott CC (football)
Additionally, Jordan Tucker who was part of the ESPN article on shoulder development signed with Duke University (volleyball)
Congratulations to these athletes for the reward their hard work and dedication has earned them.